Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Layers and Two bad and good Traits


I sometimes feel like an onion...I know this sounds crazy.....Peel me back...sometimes I am raw and sometimes I am whole...sometimes I am cut and sometimes I am sliced...

Do you ever feel like God is apparent, translucent, and other times he is hiding from you? I felt that way last week and some this week! I have some issues on my mind and wish I could find time to pray for wisdom and relief...just some minimal personal struggles! I have a two bad traits that I would like to share......

Wasted time makes me cringe.

I'll admit it. I have a love affair with productivity. I do a lot in my life and partly that's because I do it fast. I talk fast, I move fast, I type fast, I blog fast. I've always gotten great satisfaction out of giving myself a short time frame in which to do something and conquering the task in the allotted time, and then rewarding myself. Usually by letting myself organize something fun. I'm stupid like that. I love using time wisely, getting my work out of the way so I can take the kids to the park or whatever. The flip side of this anal retentive character quality of mine is that wasted time makes me cringe. I don't mind if we're at a park, lounging in the sun, swinging the day away. That isn't wasted to me. True, I sometimes have to force myself and to enjoy the journey of life, not only the destinations.

We have boys.

In case you haven't noticed, we're a testosterone only family. I am the only female at home, besides the two dogs, Lucy and Annabelle, and guinea pigs (what are their names?).

"Field trip" or small adventures to parks or the mountains, or a different restaurant are my favorite. I love to leave on a whim and discover new and interesting places and things!

Going out and learning about life in the real world is an amazing way to learn. Our children are especially hands on learners, very active, and most of the time happy.

Because, really, who doesn't want to throw rocks into a river and spend quality time with your kids?

I am a VERY SCHEDULED PERSON
I LIKE to know what's for dinner and what we have going on that night, and often feel defeated and frustrated when things don't go the way I planned. Athough sometimes I don't plan things at all and I like it that way...weird..I know....I do on the other time love to go out on a whem and go, do, and have fun!

How on earth do my two traits coincide? Not so well sometimes and I need God's guidance and often, but don't always seek him...frustrating I know....uggh

So I come to you Lord and ask for Control and Strength to make my rambling known!

No comments: